From the Chester County Archives on line.
North on this map is to the right; from the New London Area Historical Society.
Showing the lands of Susanna McCane, or McKean, grandmother of Thomas McKean; from the New London Area Historical Society.
Also showing the lands of her sons Thomas and William McKean; from the New London Area Historical Society.
North is to the right; from the Pennsylvania Archives.
Showing the London Company's lands and the Nottingham Lots, rotated so that north is up; from the New York Public Library.
Plotted on a modern relief map of SE Chester Co.; prepared by the Historical Commission.
New Munster, a Calvert grant, is largely in Maryland but extended into S Franklin Township. North is to the left; from the Pennsylvania Archives.
Prepared by the Historical Commission.
Shown on a present-day map; prepared by the Historical Commission.
Part of the 1777 Chester County Atlas created by the Chester County Archives for the Battle of Brandywine project. Franklin was part of New London in 1777.
Published by Gilbert Cope in 1914.
New London included Franklin Township until 1852. From the Painter-Bowen map of Chester Co. at the Library of Congress
Detail from the 1856 T. J. Kennedy map of Chester Co.; from the Library of Congress.
Detail from the 1860 T. J. Kennedy map of Chester Co.; from the Library of Congress.
From the Atlas of Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1873. Scan of a map belonging to a local resident.
From Breou’s Official Series of Farm Maps of Chester County, 1883. Scan of a map belonging to a local resident.
Prepared by the Historical Commission from U. S. Geological Survey maps. The northern portion is from 1906, the southern from 1896.
(Back to Top)
Copyright © 2019 Franklin Township - All Rights Reserved.